Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Lessons Learned...

I guess another weekend has come and gone. It was a long week and a short weekend, maybe a little too short. I was a single parent this week, while my husband was out playing with the army, which ment not a lot of time left for scrap booking or anything else. I did however, manage to get in 3 runs, one coffee with friends and laundry caught up. Although, it was a busy week my coffee with friends turned out to be the best coffee and conversation I had had in a very long time. I learned a lot about myself that night and I also learned a lot about my dear friends...

1. KARMA - we really do get back what we do to others whether it be good or bad... Surround yourself with open-minded, non-judgemental, positive, nurturing and warm people. Who you associate yourself with says a lot about you;
2. I have friends in high places, friends I never knew I had. That puts me in a very happy place;
3. Things are not always as they seem, ask questions and you shall seek the truth;
4. I am a strong open-minded woman, my friends are strong, open-minded, trustworthy and people I want to be seen with; and
5. No one can define your life, you make your own destiny; allowing someone else to define who we are, we lose our ability to discover and grow inwardly. We no longer are able to discern a truth from a lie, because we have been honest with ourselves, we are able to love ourselves with all of our imperfections, and therefore need not have others approval.

It was a long coffee, but it was well worth it, mind you the other Tim Horton's customers may not have thought so through the laughter and tears...So as I stated above no scrap booking, no paper, no glue, no flowers and no pearls but I still made memories on that Monday evening....

No comments:

Post a Comment